2nd Line Support Technician
Could you be a UK Connect Support Technician?
As a UK Connect 2nd line support technician you will be responsible for the management of 2nd line support issues at UK Connect as escalated from 1st line support. You will act as the first point of contact for technical issues & queries, managing, solving or escalating as you see fit within your skill set.
You will also set up, configure and test solutions that UK Connect sell.
You will be a self-starter and have fantastic organisation and problem-solving skills.
This role is to support account managers, staff and customers with finding and presenting clearly solutions to any technical queries you face.
As a UK Connect 2nd line support technician you will report directly to the technical support manager.
- Assist in the diagnostics and resolution of all technical issues.
- Manage and update the call out log.
- Setup, configure and test all solutions that are required by UK Connect service delivery engineers and staff.
- Keep current with technology and up to date on UK Connect products, solutions and procedures.
- Have a deep understanding of our customer’s accounts and their specific IT requirements.
- Assist with requests from the team as required and give your recommendations or solutions as you see fit.
- CCNA or equivalent.
- A good understanding of networking and communications.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to self-learn the technology relevant to the solutions available to you.
- An active interest in technology and the UK Connect products and services.
- Team player.
- At least 6 months experience in a 2nd line support role
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What's it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 17 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex solider, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard working team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- £25-£30k per year dependant on experience.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not maned and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.