UK Connect are looking for a Business Administrator to join our growing team. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to gain some progressive experience in business administration. Experience is preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
As a Business Administrator your main role within the business will be to provide dedicated administrative support to the Directors’ Executive Assistant and the Finance Department as well assisting with day-to-day administration within the business.
This role requires someone interested in starting and progressing within a busy support and finance role who is highly organised, proactive and a team player willing and able to support a busy office. Key tasks within the role are:
- Contract Renewals- Quoting and creating invoices for customers wishing to renew their contract and updating system/records.
- Creating and maintaining a monthly accrued/ deferred income spreadsheet.
- Chase overdue payments and send out statements accordingly.
- Scan invoices and upload to accounts.
- Depositing all cheques and cash to the business account.
- Create accounts for new customers.
- Create sales, marketing and management reports and send out weekly/monthly.
- Covering/supporting with routine finance tasks when the Finance Administrator is out of the business or during busy periods:
- Maintaining the accounts email inbox
- Reconcile customer receipts on Xero
- Reconcile Payments on Xero
- Approve and send out sales invoices
Executive Assistant Support
- Sort and distribute business post, both incoming and out-going.
- Deliveries – accepting and distributing deliveries incoming to the business.
- Assisting with HR and recruitment administration.
- Manage the UKC staff incentive scheme; Perkbox.
- Supporting Directors’ EA with managing existing supplier liaison, cost negotiation, sourcing new suppliers as and when required to ensure optimum savings and cost-effective purchasing for the business.
- Supporting the Directors’ EA with internal events.
- Supporting the Directors’ EA with staff celebrations: purchasing presents, cards, food etc.
- Supporting Directors’ EA with general administrative tasks during busy periods.
General Office Support
- Managing the business’ stationary and sundry supplies – replenishing as required.
- Client and visitor meeting host – keep the boardroom tidy and prepared for any diarised meetings. Preparing drinks and refreshments as required.
- Answering all incoming calls to the general enquiries line and directing accordingly.
- Ordering uniform and kit supplies for field engineers as required.
- Monitoring engineers stock levels ensuring that there is always spare stock available for them to take from.
- Load/unload dishwasher and the beginning and end of day.
- Ensuring the office is presentable and organised.
- Monitoring and ensuring the delivery of bottled water for the office.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- A basic understanding of administration
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong ability to prioritise workload
- Clear and confident telephone manner
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Proactive approach to work
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast-growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What's it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 24 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex-solider, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hardworking team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days a year holiday
- Company pension
- Free parking on site
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme
- Additional generous internal benefits point system
- Staff away days
If you feel you have the right skills and characteristics for the role then we would like to hear from you!
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name
- Contact number
- Current job role
- What you understand about UK Connect
- Why you would like to work for us
- What value you think you could bring to our business
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face-to-face meeting.
Job Type: Full-time
Reports to: Executive Assistant