Business Development Executive
As Business Development Executive, your main role will be to drive the new business for UK Connect and be the first point of contact for all incoming leads and enquiries in to the business.
You will support the UK Connect Sales Manager to achieve the business’ key objectives and new business targets.
You will recommend and communicate UKC solution benefits to prospective customers and gain an in-depth understanding of their own requirements with a view to qualifying them as a viable prospective lead.
You will measure all incoming leads against the current marketing activity and campaigns as carried out by the marketing department and make recommendations to improve the conversion rate of our enquiries.
You will be a self-starter with creative thinking and must take a pro-active approach to the role.
Your role is to support the marketing department and the Sales Manager in business development.
To make your case, you should show a clear return on investment using effective questioning to truly understand a prospect’s business. Be a new business hunter who can sell our products and services into a continually changing, diverse marketplace. You will need to show day to day resilience and the ability to sell an innovative, sought after product into a challenging industry, as well as a willingness to constantly learn and try new ways of working. You need to be adaptable to and embrace change in a fast-paced business - A BDE must be a highly self-motivated individual who is able to thrive in a result driven environment.
As a UK Connect Inbound Sales Specialist you will report directly to the Sales Manager.
- The face of UK Connect, you will the first point of contact for our brand to our prospects/customers
- Measure, report and improve conversation rates
- Be conversant in UK Connect Products and Services
- Ensure our growth targets are met by consistently achieving new business expectations
- Using our in-house data and CRM systems to ensure you effectively plan your time and delivery on new business objectives as well as;
- Seeking out external opportunities through networking and Linked In.
- Attend industry events and exhibitions to network, secure leads and build relationships
- Assist in the delivery of the company’s New Business Strategy as directed by the Marketing department.
- Excellent Communication skills
- A keen interest in technology
- Good administration and computer skills required
- You will have the ability to learn and develop, keep up-to-date with complex technical/product information
- You must enjoy working as part of a team and also recognise individual responsibility to contribute to the performance and success of the business
- You will have an understanding of the needs of the client
- You will have a passion for selling, have a process orientated approach and be professional and well presented
- 2 year’s experience in the construction sector, selling I.T, Software or similar solutions to house builders or main contractors.
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast-growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What's it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 19 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex-solider, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hardworking team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- Competitive basic with attractive commission scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.