Digital Content Manager
Could you be the next UK Connect Digital Content Manager?
As the Digital Content Manager, you will be a key member of the marketing team - responsible for implementation of website production across the UK Connect site and management of social media channels. This role will also include co-ordinating production efforts for digital marketing and web-based projects; reporting statuses back to the team, managing website escalations, leading on monthly optimisation ideas; as well as SEO best practice and PPC campaigns.
You will be a critical advisor on the direction of the website strategy and work closely with the Marketing team to develop campaigns and PR and event support.This is a great opportunity for someone passionate about website production and producing high quality responsive content.
- Our Website: evolution, upkeep and optimisation of our website. And specifically, this year, reviewing & overhauling the site and respective content to adhere to best-in-class user experience and SEO. Includes on-boarding our new web agency and delivering an effective working relationship
- Use intermediate knowledge of HTML and WordPress to build design compositions and manage website content. Be familiar with AB Testing tools such as Optimizely and Visual Web Optimiser and utilise them to drive website improvement
- Content strategy: build out new pillar/topic strategy. Keep abreast of construction, and technology & innovation, news & trends. Working collaboratively with 3rd party experts to curate articles or creative. Support marketing activity with new landing pages
- Social strategy: development of LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube accounts aligning to best practice and effective publishing of content strategy to drive awareness of UK Connect
- PPC strategy: ensure effective keywords and Ad copy and leveraging key moments in time to target UK Connect customers
- Support PR activityon site and social by adding new posts, co-creating articles, newsletters and other promotional content
- Brand guardianacross our digital estate and social activity, ensuring our look & feel and tone of voice is relevant, simple and useful
- Budget managementand reporting for website, social, SEO & PPC
- Reporting & optimisation– daily/weekly/monthly reporting on KPI’s and user insight (Google Analytics & HubSpot)
- Degree educated or compensating work experience
- Expert knowledge of CMS – WordPress competency (including customisation)
- Expert knowledge of usability testing and website best practice
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics or similar tools
- An understanding of HTML/CSS and high competency in Adobe Photoshop
- Proficient in management and optimisation of social media
- Strong content production, proofreading and editing
- Solid experience working in website production role, covering a wide spectrum of digital; Development, CMS, SEO, PPC, Content, AB Testing/ Optimisation.
- A proficient knowledge and understanding on how to meet marketing KPI’s
Experience and aptitude
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, easily digestible format for stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal communication and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own time
- Willing to be hands-on and adaptable in the role, taking on additional projects for other parts of the business
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, willing to go the extra mile to help transition business into maturity
- Self-starter that rises to an unusual challenge and open to working in small dynamic environment
- Passion for learning
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast-growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What’s it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 17 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex-soldier, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard-working team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- £40 - £45k per year dependant on experience.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.