Could you be the next UK Connect Executive Assistant?
We are currently recruiting for an Executive Assistant to join our team, based at our head office in Guildford, Surrey.
This is a new and varied role where your key focus will be to provide comprehensive administration support to the Company Directors and heads of department dealing with a wide range of tasks and challenges across the team’s portfolio, at a senior level.
You will be the 'go to' organiser for team matters, liaising with Clients, Suppliers & Directors to manage a busy annual diary of events as well as dealing with last minute changes and ad-hoc issues.
- Complex diary management- agree format and length of meetings as well as priorities for Exec and team.
- Preparation of agendas, organisation and attendance of meetings and minute taking.
- Plan and book Directors' travel.
- Preparation of all travel agendas.
- Prepare and co-ordinate monthly expense returns for both cash and credit card expenses.
- Produce accurate and proof-read documents and correspondence for external and internal audiences.
- Inbox management- Track responses, send/ draft emails.
- Project work- Ad hoc and defined link to business area. Oversee/ deliver based on scope.
- Presentation and report collation.
- Assist relevant Exec Director with personal management. E.g. Dinners/ holidays.
What are we looking for in a successful candidate?
We are looking for an individual with strong administration skills who has experience working in a similar role. Exposure to managing and being accountable for the logistics and diary arrangements.
You will be highly organised with excellent IT skills, an eye for attention to detail, strong communication skills and will thrive working under pressure and to deadlines. The ability to work both independently and as a team is vital whilst working in a busy office environment as well as being able to work with and build relationships at all levels of the business.
You will be a resilient and confident character with the ability to multi task, adapting to daily challenges and changing workloads. Reliable and loyal by nature, you will be a driven person keeping in mind your focus to deliver an excellent level of support to your team.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- Act as an extension of relevant Director, mirroring their behaviours and values and UK Connect as a whole.
- The scope of work is challenging, varied and often conducted to tight deadlines. You will need to work well under pressure and have excellent communication skills.
- Experience in successfully assisting teams and senior executives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, being flexible in approach to meet requirements.
- Ability to work autonomously and be effective at all levels.
- Able to build and maintain key relationships, both internally and externally.
- Able to work effectively at all levels within an organisation.
- Strong level of resilience.
- Act as a role model to other members of the team. Mentor and work with them on their development plans.
- First point of call- confident in response to both internal and external parties.
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy in all professional relationships.
- Must be able to exhibit determination and commitment to achieving results.
- Diplomatic and flexible in approach to work.
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast-growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What’s it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 20 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex-soldier, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard-working team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- £26 - £29k per year dependant on experience.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.