Could you be the next UK Connect Marketing Manager?
As the Marketing Manager, you will be a key member of the marketing team - with responsibility for the overall marketing of UK Connect. You will be instrumental in developing the brand, marketing, PR and event strategies and the delivery of effective communications for UK Connect. The department is in development so there will be huge autonomy and opportunity to lead on strategy, build comm’s programmes from scratch and manage a significant budget. You will also be key liaison with the internal Digital and Sales team.
- Development of the marketing channel strategy, carefully managing the marketing budget to drive our KPI’s – awareness, engagement, loyalty
- Accountable for key marketing disciplines: Brand advertising; Customer marketing; Customer loyalty programme; PR and Events
- Managementof all comm’s channels: print, online, direct mail, email and social
- Development of the brand strategy: positioning, identity, assets, tone of voice & output of evolved guidelines
- Implementation of test & learn programmeto understand effectiveness and recommend optimisation
- Management of PR activityand point-person for PR agency
- Management of the marketing agenciesfor creative production and media planning
- Tracking and performance reporting across all UK Connect marketing & PR activity & in-kind marketing from partners (weekly, monthly, annually)
- Commission researchand insight
- Brand guardianacross all channels, ensuring our look & feel and tone of voice is relevant, simple and useful
- Budget managementand reporting for website, social, SEO & PPC
- Reporting & optimisation– daily/weekly/monthly reporting on KPI’s and user insight (Google Analytics & HubSpot)
- Management of 1 direct report – who will be accountable for Events (and support on Comm’s)
- Degree educated and/or formal marketing qualification
- Detailed knowledge, and previous experience, of marketing communications planning & development process
- Demonstrable experience leading marketing activity across a number of offline & online channels
- Proven ability to develop & execute best in class communications
- Able to manage & influence internal & external stakeholders
- Experience in measuring marketing activity & performance
- Comfortable & experienced in managing budgets
- Proficient knowledge of marketing based KPI’s
- Team management experience
- MS Office and Google Analytics (mandatory), HubSpot knowledge (optional)
Experience and aptitude
- Ability to present complex information in a concise, easily digestible format for stakeholders
- Excellent written, verbal communication and attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and manage own time
- Willing to be hands-on and adaptable in the role, taking on additional projects for other parts of the business
- Enthusiastic, keen to learn, willing to go the extra mile to help transition business into maturity
- Self-starter that rises to an unusual challenge and open to working in small dynamic environment
- Passion for learning
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What’s it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 17 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex solider, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard working team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- £40 - £45k per year dependant on experience.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.