As a UK Connect Service Delivery Engineer you are responsible for the delivery, installation and repair of all equipment and services deployed by UK Connect. You are the face of the company and represent UK Connect in a professional and supportive manner.
You will also set up, configure and test solutions that UK Connect sell.
You will be a self-starter and have fantastic organisation and problem-solving skills.
As a UK Connect Service Delivery Engineer you will report directly to the Service Delivery Manager.
1. Attend customer sites to deliver, install and repair the equipment and services as directed by the Project Co-ordinator.
2. Manage your equipment and tools accordingly in line with your designated deployments.
3. Manage your vehicle and travel expenses and requirements in line with Company Policy.
4. Keep current with technology and up to date on UK Connect products, solutions and procedures.
5. Have a deep understanding of the customer and their specific IT requirements.
6. Assist with requests from the team as required.
- CCNA or equivalent.
- A good understanding of networking and communications.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Willingness to self-learn the technology relevant to the solutions available to you.
- An active interest in technology and the UK Connect products and services.
- Team player.
- 1 years experience in deploying on-premise customer networking equipment.
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK, and Europe.
What's it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 17 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex solider, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard working team that with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- £25-£30k per year dependant on experience.
- Staff bonus scheme.
- 29 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Members of Perkbox employee benefit scheme.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
- Business card and fuel card.
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not maned and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.