I.T Service Delivery Manager
Could you be the next UK Connect Service Delivery Manager?
As the UKC Service Delivery Manager, you will be a key member of the Operations team - responsible for owning and overseeing the efficient delivery of our industry leading connectivity solutions. You will work closely with our Technical team, customer coordinator, Installation engineers and provisioning team.
Managing the team of service deliver engineers and Service Delivery staff, you will own the planning and management for one off change requests and major projects, you will negotiate, scope and manage the implementation of small/medium change. You will manage the UKC escalation process, closely monitoring customer feedback, develop quality improvement processes to maintain an excellent service execution process. You will manage the transition and on-boarding of new customers and services, working with stakeholder groups – to maximise uptime/service performance and customer satisfaction.
- Manage a team of Service Delivery Engineers and internal Project Co-ordinators, including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting and performance review.
- Maintain high performing service support functions including IT Service Desk
- Manage the Service Delivery execution against contracted service levels, ensuring UK Connect fulfils its obligations to the customer.
- Implement and maintain a Service Management Processes inclusive of Change, Incident/ Major Incident, Problem and Event Processes
- Own and manage the Service delivery relationship, acting as the first point of contact for escalations.
- Undertake periodic service reviews, as required by the customer, building out longer term capacity/account plans in partnership with the customer, proactively identifying upsell opportunities.
- Responsible for the scoping, negotiation, management and delivery of small to medium change for the customer.
- Ensure appropriate quality and best practice to maintain and improve customer satisfaction.
- Manage the seamless transition from Projects to Service – to safeguard quality and customer solution integrity.
- Analyse service incidents, looking at performance metrics, trends and root cause. Recommending further investigations and/or remedial actions where necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
- ITIL or equivalent IT Service Management (ITSM) qualification •
- Able to demonstrate the ability to undertake the above responsibilities
- Experienced Service Management professional
- Previous experience as a Team Lead or Service Management/ Support in a diverse environment of incident management and escalation procedures. •
- Good knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- A passion for Service Improvement
- Good leadership and people management skills
- A willingness to support and mentor junior staff
- Good customer facing/customer service skills
- Self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently • Able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasksExcellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confident, articulate and clear communication skills with customer at all levels
- Ability to stay calm during critical times and always delivering the centrality message.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and trend analysis skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail, methodical and organised approach.
- Ability to follow and contribute to standard operating procedures and documentation.
- Ability to sensibly escalate and manage calls to third parties and to inform clients of major incidents where necessary.
- Commercial awareness, with an ability to interpret customer contracts and service schedules.
About the Business
UK Connect is a fast-growing national provider of communication and I.T solutions to the UK construction industry.
Providing rapid day-one connectivity, I.T support and I.T solutions across the UK.
What’s it like to work for UK Connect?
From our office in Guildford, UK Connect is a small but growing team of 24 staff. We have built a friendly culture at UK Connect that values all staff. The business was started by PJ Farr, an ex-soldier, and the values and standards that he learnt have been reflected throughout the business.
We are a young and energetic, hard-working team with a solid understanding of the business values, standards and culture.
In return we offer a fun environment that puts its people first and we feel that UK Connect offers a fantastic work life balance.
Benefits to you.
- Extremely attractive Staff bonus scheme including private healthcare
- 30 days a year holiday.
- Company pension.
- Free parking on site.
- Staff away days.
- Mobile and laptop.
Salary: On application
Please fill in the form to the top right hand of this page. You must also call our careers phone number this line is not manned, and you will be put to an answer machine.
Careers Phone number - 0333 1210 477
Please give the following information.
- Your name.
- Contact number.
- Current job role.
- What you understand about UK Connect.
- Why you would like to work for us.
- What value you think you could bring to our business.
We will contact all applicants within 7 days of your application by phone and webform. If successful you will be invited for a telephone interview followed by a face to face meeting.